Tuning-up your heating system will let you rest assured that it will run optimally during the heating season. A Preventive Maintenance (PM) tune-up by a NORA certified service technicians yields many benefits.
A NORA trained technicians' top priority is to ensure that your heating system is operating safely at maximum efficiency levels. The Preventive Maintenance Tune-up is our best opportunity to test and diagnose all aspects of efficiency. When your heating equipment is running properly, it's efficient, clean burning, environmentally friendly, economical, safe, reliable, and comfortable.
A heating system that operates efficiently
A tune-up means making sure that your heating system is working efficiently, providing the same satisfying warmth by burning less fuel. A heating system working at its highest efficiency conserves energy and helps the environment.
Saving money on energy bills
By reducing the amount of fuel your heating system uses to heat the home, you'll be saving money as well! A tune up could help you save as much as 10% off your annual fuel bill. For example, the efficiency of a boiler or furnace with a partially plugged fuel nozzle and dirty heating surfaces can be vastly improved by 10% or more after a tune-up. Regular service minimizes breakdowns and helps avoid surprise calls.
A recent study indicates that 80% of Americans consider themselves environmentalists. Having your system tune-up every season ensures that you burn less home heating oil. Oilheat can be a great heating option for the environment, if it is properly installed and adjusted.
The Preventive Maintenance tune-up means "replace it before it breaks". It's easy to find and replace a worn out part during the tune-up. When one of NORA's trained professionals comes to your home to perform the tune-up, he will be looking for problems with your heating system before they become costly out of pocket repairs. It can also uncover parts that need replacing and help you to avoid an emergency service call in the middle of a cold winter night.
Below is the NORA recommended preventive maintenance tune-up procedure:
- Visually inspect the entire heating system
- Vacuum clean all heating surfaces
- Check the flue pipe and chimney flue to be sure they are clear and in good condition
- Clean all burner parts including the air fan and housing, ignition electrodes, and burner head
- Replace fuel and air filters and bleed all the air from the fuel system
- Seal air leaks around the burner and heat exchanger
- Use combustion test equipment to measure efficiency
- Adjust the burner for high efficiency
- Record final combustion efficiency for tuned system
- Start and stop the burner several times to ensure satisfactory operations
- Inspect the oil tank